Job Summary: The Total Rewards Specialist will advise on the best practices for total reward processes, contributing to the planning, design, implementation and administration of the Company’s compensation and benefit programs in Canada, the US and internationally.
Collaborating with internal and external partners on the devising of new and existing total reward programs and implementing changes where necessary is a main responsibility for the Total Rewards Specialist. This position will research and bring in-depth understanding of external best-practices and innovative trends to apply them to Total Rewards programs and technologies.
Reporting to the Director, Total Rewards and Engagement, the position will also partner with the HR team, internal and external partners on an ongoing basis in order to provide analytical insights to support decisions, manage data governance, and consistently apply an approach focused on diversity and inclusion in administering the Company’s total reward offerings.
In addition to the above-mentioned responsibilities, the position will also contribute to the administration of the Company’s HCM and other HR systems and will contribute to the design and administration of reporting and data requests related to legal, regulatory and policy compliance.
- Support the annual pay compensation cycle for salary and variable pay, including performance management
- Contribute to salary survey activities as well as analyzing market data, reviewing and providing recommendations for the development of salary budgets for annual salary increases, promotions, salary adjustments and net new hires
- Support the business planning process regarding timelines and budgets as well as contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations
- Contribute to the maintenance and creation of the Company’s Total Reward policies
- Provide regular support and general compensation consulting to the HR team and senior leaders in areas such as market pay and analysis and consulting on new roles
- Advise and communicate to most levels of management on established policies and procedures, fixed/variable compensation programs, and compensation systems
- Works closely with the Director, Total Rewards and Engagement on various compensation projects and programs
- Support the administration of the Company’s Canadian, US and international benefit plans
- Manage and track all disability management claims and communicate with insurance providers and internal parties regarding claim status
- Participate in meetings with insurance providers and third-party consultants to discuss plan status and evaluate potential plan design changes during the Company’s annual review of the benefit programs
- Contribute to the Company’s HR/People analytics through design and development of various dashboards
- Create, administer and distribute reports from ADP’s Workforce Now, and other HR systems as required to support the HR team and business
- Manage HR technology projects as it relates to process improvement and strategic design of total reward modules and data governance within ADP’s Workforce Now, and in other HR systems
- In addition to significant Canadian experience, international total rewards experience an asset (particularly in the US)
- Experienced and knowledgeable user of HRIS/HCM systems (Cloud based preferred such as ADP’s Workforce Now, Workday, Oracle, etc.)
- Strong customer focus skills and is comfortable implementing change and dealing with ambiguity
- Capable of making decisions within guidelines and policies
- Expert skills with Excel required. Proficiency with other Microsoft Office 365 tools required
- Strong analytic, written and verbal skills
- Strong data analysis skills, including the ability to create executive level presentations and dashboards
- Highly developed project management and organizational skills
- Minimum of 5 to 6 years of Total Reward Experience
- Experience in a Total Rewards role within the media industry an asset
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Human Resources Management, Finance or equivalent in training & experience preferred
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation an asset
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.