Boat Rocker Media is a global entertainment company that creates, produces, and distributes premium content and brands for all platforms. Having recently acquired 8 businesses globally, including Matador Content in NYC/LA and Fremantle's Kids & Family division in London, UK, Boat Rocker is a high-growth content financing, production and distribution company looking for motivated employees who are excited to be involved in a creative industry.
The VP of Production Finance will report to the EVP - Finance, and dotted line to the EVP – Physical Production. The three main areas of focus are as follows:
- Responsible for both in-house production finance and managing the series production accounting teams.
- Work closely with the physical production team on the creation and iteration of all production budgets for Boat Rocker Studios Scripted series.
- Manage cost reporting and cash flow reporting process.
- Initiate all financial and operational aspects of the Boat Rocker production finance function.
- Provide support and financial oversight to the productions, work with Production Accountants, Producers, Business Affairs, and Executives on the preparation of finance plans, cost reports, cash flow forecasts and budgets.
- Work closely with the Head of Production on day-to-day production matters.
- Participate in preparation and updating of periodic production spend forecasts and show P&L’s.
- Supervise and approve series accounting staffs, on-boarding/off-boarding of each production, including production accounting software, bank accounts and document management system.
- Liaise with banks in the production financing process, set-up new accounts, online banking, P-cards, foreign exchange hedging, etc.
- Liaise with and manage outside tax incentive administrators.
- Manage show cash flow and funding process.
- Maintain budget lock calendar for all shows.
- Ongoing review of budget globals, fringe rates, tax incentive tagging and other unique budget structures.
- Review cost reports and incorporate into BRS internal cost reporting templates. Utilize experience to recommend financial and operational solutions and improvements.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial information and to prepare reports in a meaningful format for presentation to senior management.
- Supervision and oversight of outside production accounting firms.
- Oversee Boat Rocker interests in necessary audits.
- Self-starter with a driven, motivated work ethic.
- Exudes a cooperative, supportive, and positive team-oriented approach.
- Ability to work in a demanding, high pressure and time sensitive environment.
- Natural problem solver.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and diplomatic manner with all levels of Boat Rocker employees and outside contacts.
Computer skills; word processing and intermediate MS Excel skills, Smart Accounting, Movie Magic Budgeting, Scenechronize.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related.
- Minimum 6 years' experience in TV production finance and accounting.
- Knowledge of production accounting, film accounting, production cost reporting, borrowing base compliance, tax incentives, etc.
- Prior leadership experience managing and developing staff.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.