Boat Rocker Media is an independent, integrated global entertainment company that creates, produces, and distributes premium scripted, unscripted, live action and animated kids and family content for all platforms, manages top global talent, and develops and monetizes brands and intellectual property. The Company was founded in 2003 and has 850+ global employees across 7 major cities including: Toronto (Headquarters), New York, Los Angeles, Ottawa, Halifax, London and Hong Kong. Boat Rocker Media has approximately 40 shows greenlit or in-production and a distribution library of 9,000+ half hours for leading global customers such as Netflix, HBO, BBC, NBC, ABC, Hulu, Amazon, Apple, Disney, Showtime, Discovery, CTV, Global and CBC.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition, this role will support the end-to-end recruitment life cycle at Jam Filled (JF) from recruitment-marketing & sourcing, to selection and onboarding. It will work in close collaboration and alignment with the larger HR team as it, collectively, aligns to support the acquisition, development, and retention of employees across JF and the larger Boat Rocker Media family of companies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for full cycle recruitment for all 2D, 3D and production related positions
- Source active candidates who have applied through JF website and reach out to passive candidates via LinkedIn and referrals.
- Submit strong artists to hiring managers through CATS (ATS) and follow up for feedback
- Set up interviews, conduct reference checks and negotiate offers
- Collaborate with supervising producers & producers to gain the full understanding of hiring needs
- Assist Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition to build out recruitment marketing strategies which, amongst other things, will include developing the employee value proposition (EVP) and imbedding it into the recruitment marketing practices of the company to acquire top talent and establish JF’s competitive advantage as an employer of choice
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in industry recruitment events
Qualifications & Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Human Resources, Psychology or a related discipline
- 3+ years’ experience within a talent acquisition role
- Agency experience considered a major asset
- A background working in animation, media or a related industry considered a major asset
- Passion for working with creatives
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency based, etc.)
- Hands on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Proven ability to build effective and productive working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively with a high degree of interdependence and autonomy
- Proven ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities that may have conflicting deadlines
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented, and efficient
- Solid analytical thinking and planning skills
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.