Boat Rocker Media is an independent, integrated global entertainment company that creates, produces, and distributes premium scripted, unscripted, live action and animated kids and family content for all platforms, manages top global talent, and develops and monetizes brands and intellectual property. The Company was founded in 2003 and has 850+ global employees across 7 major cities including: Toronto (Headquarters), New York, Los Angeles, Ottawa, Halifax, London and Hong Kong. Boat Rocker Media has approximately 40 shows greenlit or in-production and a distribution library of 9,000+ half hours for leading global customers such as Netflix, HBO, BBC, NBC, ABC, Hulu, Amazon, Apple, Disney, Showtime, Discovery, CTV, Global and CBC.
Boat Rocker Media is looking to hire an HR Business Partner to manage HR functions specific to its US operations.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
- Conducts regular meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements across the States supported related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance, input, support and change management expertise on the structural evolution and reorganizations of the business units supported.
- Supports talent-related strategies and programs (workforce planning, succession planning, learning and talent development, etal) giving guidance, input and support to the business units supported and contributing to the effective application and evolution of the various programs to meet the needs of the business units served
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship development skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Prior HR experience within the entertainment industry an asset.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential is an asset.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.