Award winning Ontario-based production company, Boat Rocker Media (BRM),
is a global entertainment company that creates, produces and distributes premium content and brands for all platforms. We have a strong creative and business culture that fights for ideas, supports storytellers, and has a track record of ensuring big ideas get distributed to the world.
Boat Rocker Media is seeking a Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs to support the wide range of growing needs for Business & Legal Affairs across the company. This is an opportunity for a passionate professional who is looking for continual growth. This position is a tremendous opportunity for anyone who would like to build a career as a business affairs professional in the entertainment industry.
- Aid in the administration of funding applications
- Manage deliveries to funders and broadcasters.
- Research and advise management on talent guild matters, funding agency requirements and legal and regulatory matters
- Provide support on general corporate matters related to Boat Rocker’s business affairs
- Track and draft small-mid level production related agreements across the department
- Manage the electronic filing systems of the Business and Legal Affairs department
- Scheduling appointments and conference calls
- Overseeing the execution and delivery of documents to relevant parties
- Manage external stakeholder requests that come into Business and Legal Affairs Team
- A bachelor's degree and minimum of 1 year of working in the entertainment industry (preferably in contracts administration, business affairs, or production co-ordination)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities that may have conflicting deadlines
- Ability to work independently to manage and prioritize workload, and take initiative
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented, and efficient
- Must have strong knowledge of the MS Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.