Award winning Ontario-based production company, Boat Rocker Media (BRM)
, is a global entertainment company that creates, produces and distributes premium content and brands for all platforms. We have a strong creative and business culture that fights for ideas, supports storytellers, and has a track record of ensuring big ideas get distributed to the world.
Boat Rocker Media is seeking a Director, Corporate Strategy and Planning. Working directly with and reporting to the Executive Vice President of Ventures team, this diverse role is responsible for a high level of professional services for strategic, analytical, and operational support for the Ventures portfolio businesses (and broader Boat Rocker Media Company). The role is focused specifically around Strategy execution, forecasting and reporting, and general decision management support.
You must have the ability to work in a multi-tasking environment with quick deadlines and have sound presentation and decision-making skills. Attention to detail and ability to assimilate information in a fast-paced environment is essential.
The Ventures group consist of corporate investing (M&A, VC, and partnerships), strategy, and management of our portfolio companies.
Knowledge and Skills
- This role will support the analysis of performance metrics, operational efficiencies, and, strategy development/execution for portfolio companies.
- This role supports the entire Boat Rocker Media Leadership team across the company and thus covers a wide scope of deliverables which may apply for the broader team or be specific in nature to one particular area of investigation.
- Developing and improving, actionable management reporting is critical in tracking and providing insights to the broader team ensuring the BRM population have the best information possible.
- The role requires an individual who has analytical capabilities grounded in strong quantitative judgment, is an effective communicator, works as a team player, and possesses the highest level of integrity. The candidate should be adept at interpersonal dynamics, comfortable communicating with senior leaders and in managing matters that are both sensitive and confidential.
- This role includes accountabilities for supporting, anticipating and managing both short and long term objectives/outcomes and maintaining a strong understanding of the strategic and performance objectives of BRM.
- The role also requires liaising with key internal stakeholders across a variety of functions and levels, including Finance, Business & Legal Affairs, Human Resources, and Studio Operations.
- This role requires support for communication and messaging of key initiatives, thus ability to convey messages in clear, concise, impactful presentation materials is desirable.
- Graduate degree, preferably business or finance, or a minimum of a 4-year undergraduate degree with a focus on Business, Economics, Finance/Accounting or other analytically based degree
- 4+ years of relevant business experience, in the area of strategy and financial analysis/modeling, preferably in management consulting or corporate strategy is preferred
- Experience in the Entertainment/Media industry, specifically TV production and distribution, is an asset
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.