Creative, innovative design is at the heart of what we do. Crafting the richest entertainment content into experiences and products loved by Adults, Teens through to Pre-Schoolers, we bring a world of entertainment to life every day.
Working in our NYC office, reporting to the Global Creative Director as part of Boat Rocker Studios, Brand Management & Content Marketing team, you’ll work alongside the best production studios and teams in the industry. You’ll be thinking, designing and using your passion for graphics to inspire the next generation across all our brands. Your enthusiasm and imagination will shine through the compelling visuals you create every day.
This 'hands-on' graphic design role will originate and execute creative brand assets from style guides and consumer product assets to brand marketing materials and everything in between, at all stages of development. The conceptual, consumer and trade-focused material generated by this department is the face of our brands and must be exemplary.
Working across all genres from Scripted, Factual and Kids & Family content across all brand marketing needs – tradeshows, style guides, digital assets, marketing sales materials, trade ads etc:
- Designing to briefs generated by the Brand Management & Content Marketing Team and creative lead, determining the most efficient, creative design solution, and meeting delivery deadlines within budget.
- Working with Adobe Creative Suite to create compelling artwork, suitable for use on screen and in print, as directed by briefs received
- Driving the overall brand design development process, working with teams across multiple time zones to meet local needs.
- Supporting the creation of show brand identity development and execution.
- Work with licensees to provide clear art direction & product approvals to ensure that the brands well represented off-air across a wide range of consumer products.
- Contributing to creative decision making and sharing common assets and best practices across the organization and offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, LA and New York.
- Coordinating asset/design requests and deliveries of materials as required from global animation studios and design agencies in a structured way.
- Working with the wider creative team to identify efficiencies in development and design processes to promote quality and manage workload effectively
- Ensure all lines of business (Consumer products, Digital, Content Marketing etc) have the best assets to accurately represent our global brands
- Make full use of standard professional principles and techniques relevant to the job, finding creative solutions and identifying new processes to help streamline and create efficiencies.
- Accountability to take personal ownership for delivering and exceeding commitments. You hold yourself, team and partners to the highest standard for performance necessary for the achievement of results. You embody and foster a play to win and win to grow mindset, even on the toughest projects.
- Communication skills to promote a free flow of information and communication throughout the organization. You convey confidence, ease and enthusiasm when communicating with a variety of audiences, job levels and stakeholders. Your communication style creates a feeling of energy, excitement and personal investment amongst team members and people outside of the organization.
- Speed to pursue business objectives with a passion and sense of urgency that is inspiring both inside Boat Rocker, and to our partners and customers. You recognize barriers to speed and work tirelessly to make Boat Rocker a more nimble business and organization.
- Mac literate
- Expert level ability in all Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Ability to quickly and graphically visualize design concepts, amends or direction
- Versatility to work from concept through to final artwork as needed
- Patient, structured and clear communicator with the ability to react positively to all design challenges
- Creative origination of graphic material
- To be a flexible member of the team
- To prioritize effectively and work in a fast-paced pressurized environment
- Ability to work independently on more complex design projects with moderate oversight
- Can effectively multi-task, prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Respond appropriately and influence teams when feedback of creative solutions is required or received
- Basic Ability to communicate in 2D and 3D
- Emphasis in three or more specialized disciplines (e.g. graphic design, logo design, product concepting, drawing/illustration, asset creation, photo manipulation, painting, computer 3D modeling,)
- Knowledge of various raw materials; textiles, plastic, etc. in addition to the manufacturing process is helpful
- Have strong color theory - able to understand how different color systems will print off air, CMYK, Pantone and RGB.
- BFA/Graphic Design Degree
- Proven experience in graphic design development (5-8 years’ experience desired)
- A portfolio demonstrating design excellence
- A thorough understanding of the design process for both print and screen
- Experience working with children’s brands/entertainment brands beneficial
- Experience of consumer products design development (Hardlines/Softlines)
- Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Must be able to communicate and influence across multiple cultures