Boat Rocker Media is a global entertainment company that creates, produces and exploits premium media content for all platforms by developing brands and IP for worldwide monetization. Boat Rocker Studios, the content, distribution, and brands arm of the company, consists of the following content groups: Platform One Media, Temple Street, Matador Content, Proper, Insight Productions, Boat Rocker Kids & Family, Jam Filled Entertainment, and partnerships with Untitled Entertainment and Industrial Brothers. Boat Rocker Ventures also has investments in Serial Box, MarcoPolo Learning, the Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club, CAA Creative Labs and Bustle.
A selection of Boat Rocker’s recent projects includes: Orphan Black (BBC AMERICA, Space), Lip Sync Battle (Paramount Network), Iron Chef Canada (Food Network), Killjoys (Syfy, Space), The Amazing Race Canada (CTV), Knight Fight (History), Vintage Tech Hunters (Discovery), X Company (CBC), Masterchef Canada (CTV), Mary’s Kitchen Crush (CTV), The Next Step (Family Channel, CBBC), The Loud House (Nickelodeon), Love Monster (CBeebies), Kingdom Force (CBC). For more information on Boat Rocker Media, please visit www.boatrocker.com and connect via (Twitter) or (Facebook).
In this dual role, the Brand & Licensing Manager will report to the Global Brand Director and Director, Licensing, based in London office. The successful candidate will work with the broader Boat Rocker Studios team to deliver & grow the portfolio of brands focussed mainly around the kids & family portfolio, however this role will also work across scripted and factual if brand and licensing opportunities arise. Working closely with all divisions across Boat Rocker to take a holistic view of the brand and its P&L to drive ‘one voice’, encouraging collaboration across all lines of business. Within the licensing function this role will support the Licensing Director in sales pitches, deal negotiations and reporting. The role will focus primarily on the UK/EMEA region but will also contribute to the global business.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Support the Brand Director to create local and regional (UK/EMEA) targeted franchise strategies and rollout plans that deliver against the overarching global plans and amplify the brands.
- Work in partnership across multiple lines of business and teams to help implement and execute the brand strategies both locally and regionally, providing quarterly updates to snr management.
- Assist in the development of core sales and marketing material and support external marketing approvals across UK/EMEA/Australia markets.
- Collate assets and information from industry, broadcasters, agent, retail, licensees, digital, promotional partners to incorporate within sales and marketing materials and press releases.
- Regularly monitor and review brand performance across the region, communicating successes and highlighting potential risks to mgmt. team.
- Be main point of contact for local and regional teams for brand questions and dissemination of information and assets.
- Be main point of contact for content platform scheduling information, ratings tracking, and overall brand performance etc for broadcasters within UK/EMEA/Australia region.
- Provide broadcasters and digital partners with marketing materials and any other supportive materials in order to achieve highest level of brand support.
- Support local agents with brand information and materials.
- Support the Brand Director across all initiatives including retail activations.
- Support the Licensing Director by leading deal making and project management for specific CP categories, initially heavy focus will be on the softlines categories including apparel, home textiles, stationery, back to school, health & beauty.
- Responsibility and management of specified licensing deal fulfilment, ensuring all rights are cleared before the deal is closed.
- Identify category gaps and target new partners to fill these, including manufactures, promotional partners and DTRs with retailers.
- Support licensing director to deliver financial targets against forecast and provide regular updates on these deliverables.
- Work with Toronto based Brand & Licensing Manager to prepare bespoke pitch materials, ensuring relevant information flows to and from licensee network.
- Continually monitor licensee performance and hold regular updates with license base.
- Work closely with product development team on product submissions and feedback.
- Receive and track quarterly royalty reports – key focus UK/EMEA/Australia but maybe required to manage other territories.
- Build key relationships internally with Production, Creative, Legal, Finance, Marketing and externally with retailers, manufacturers, promotional clients, agents and agencies.
- Work collaboratively to deliver local paid-for and promotional live event experiences.
- Have a thorough knowledge of key trends as well as brand and competitor’s performance.
- Attendance at all relevant trade shows.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within an entertainment, licensing, retail or consumer product environment
- Strong understanding of different cultures across EMEA region, with experience in working across boundaries
- Experience in franchise management, managing a portfolio of brands and able to multi-task
- Experience of developing brand plans with a commercial and strategic understanding
- An understanding of the standard frameworks around licensing deals and how to generate revenue accordingly
- Experience in pitching brands and product to retailers
- Demonstrable sales negotiation experience
- An established network of relevant industry contacts
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Highly organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely, excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills, PowerPoint in particular
Full-Time Permanent , Monday - Friday, Work From Home flexible
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.