Boat Rocker Media is a global entertainment company that creates, produces and distributes premium content and brands for all platforms. Having recently acquired 8 businesses globally, including Matador Content in NYC/LA and Fremantle's Kids & Family division in London, UK, Boat Rocker is a high-growth content financing, production and distribution company looking for motivated employees who are excited to be involved in a creative industry.
The Sales Coordinator
will support the SVP, Global Sales, Kids & Family and provide administrative and direct sales assistance for our growing catalogue of Kids & Family programming. This is an excellent opportunity for further growth in becoming a direct sales manager within a global distribution company. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work in one of the most interesting, dynamic and rising global media companies.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Reporting directly to SVP, Global Sales and working closely regarding sales pitches, client servicing, and correspondence.
- Manage all sales administrative activities (i.e. screener mailings, negotiation support, email preparation, deal tracking)
- Foster key relationships with broadcasters and platforms, specific to roll-out strategies and timing. Forge new relationships to coincide with the rapidly changing broadcast/streaming landscape.
- Complete detailed research for broadcaster/streaming mandates, programs schedules, launch timing, ratings, and other assigned projects and tasks.
- Work closely with business affairs/legal and finance/accounting to conclude license agreements/contracts and sales forecasts.
- Draft internal deal memos to support deals for SVP.
- Strategize with other internal sales execs and liaise with Kids & Family production/content teams and YouTube/digital agencies.
- Liaise regularly with Brand & Licensing group to ensure all ongoing communication is shared.
- Liaise regularly with Rights Administration and Media Operations.
- Set up meetings across multiple times zones for SVP/sales team regarding trade shows and in-territory client visits.
- Support SVP with any presentation, materials, reports and other meeting preparation.
- Support SVP in keeping the “kids’ sales business” running when SVP is travelling.
- Future potential to attend UK/EU sales conferences including but not limited to MIPCOM, MIPTV, CMC (Children’s Media Conference) and Annecy/MIFA.
- Dedicated UK/EU travel to visit clients to conduct in-person meetings to support SVP, sales team, and/or direct sales.
- 3+ years of work experience.
- Previous global distribution / program sales support experience.
- Existing knowledge of broadcasters and platforms in the Kids & Family sector.
- Self starter, pro-active, organized with strong interpersonal skills.
- Confident to liaise at all levels.
- Ability to cope with substantial workload and ability to prioritize.
- Eye for detail - experience in booking meetings, managing time zones, and maintaining calendars.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in an environment with dynamic priorities.
- Discretion, maintaining complete confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proven problem-solving and research skills.
- Competent with MS Office suite of applications and general comfort with learning new software applications.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as required.
- Team player.
- Willingness to travel across Europe, with potential for expanded footprint.