Boat Rocker Media is a global entertainment company that creates, produces and distributes premium content and brands for all platforms. Having recently acquired 8 businesses globally, including Matador Content in NYC/LA and Fremantle's Kids & Family division in London, UK, Boat Rocker is a high-growth content financing, production and distribution company looking for motivated employees who are excited to be involved in a creative industry.
The Sales Manager
will support the SVP, Global Sales, Kids & Family and provide administrative and direct sales assistance for our growing catalogue of Kids & Family programming. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work in one of the most interesting, dynamic and rising global media companies.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Reporting directly to SVP, Global Sales and working closely regarding sales pitches, client servicing, and correspondence.
- Foster key relationships with broadcasters and platforms, specific to roll-out strategies and timing. Forge new relationships to coincide with the rapidly changing broadcast/streaming landscape.
- Complete detailed research for broadcaster/streaming mandates, programs schedules, launch timing, ratings, and other assigned projects and tasks.
- Work closely with business affairs/legal and finance/accounting to conclude license agreements/contracts and sales forecasts.
- Manage all sales administrative activities (i.e. screener mailings, negotiation support, email preparation, deal tracking)
- Draft internal deal memos to support deals for SVP.
- Strategize with other internal sales execs and liaise with Kids & Family production/content teams and YouTube/digital agencies.
- Liaise regularly with Brand & Licensing group to ensure all ongoing communication is shared.
- Liaise regularly with Rights Administration and Media Operations.
- Set up meetings across multiple times zones for SVP/sales team regarding trade shows and in-territory client visits.
- Support SVP with any presentation, materials, reports and other meeting preparation.
- Support SVP in keeping the “kids’ sales business” running when SVP is travelling.
- Future potential to attend UK/EU sales conferences including but not limited to MIPCOM, MIPTV, CMC (Children’s Media Conference) and Annecy/MIFA.
- Dedicated UK/EU travel to visit clients to conduct in-person meetings to support SVP, sales team, and/or direct sales.
- 3+ years of sales experience within the entertainment industry
- Previous global distribution / program sales support experience.
- Existing knowledge of broadcasters and platforms in the Kids & Family sector.
- Self starter, pro-active, organized with strong interpersonal skills.
- Confident to liaise at all levels.
- Ability to cope with substantial workload and ability to prioritize.
- Eye for detail - experience in booking meetings, managing time zones, and maintaining calendars.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in an environment with dynamic priorities.
- Discretion, maintaining complete confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proven problem-solving and research skills.
- Competent with MS Office suite of applications and general comfort with learning new software applications.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as required.
- Team player.
- Willingness to travel across Europe, with potential for expanded footprint.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.