Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs
Job Summary: The Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs will be responsible for supporting Boat Rocker Studios. Scripted, (formerly Platform One Media) Business and Legal Affairs department based in LA. They will also support its clients by collecting, analyzing, tracking, reporting data and administering various legal documents on a daily basis in a timely and accurate manner. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, with a desire to pursue a career in an active and friendly television business and legal affairs department.
- Managing several tracking tools, including options tracking for all projects and above the line talent agreements.
- Creating summaries of closed deals for delivery and internal purposes.
- Tracking outstanding agreements and coordinating signatures on all agreements.
- Reviewing and processing invoices for third parties and assisting in creating payment schedules, including for talent.
- Managing an electronic filing system for all projects.
- Coordinating meetings and calls, externally between company executives and third parties as well as internally between departments.
- Managing the process of obtaining and tracking title, copyright, and trademark reports.
- Draft form letters such as pick up and option exercise letters.
- Complete and track guild applications and other paperwork.
- Research and provide ad-hoc queries for Business and Legal Affairs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the Business and Legal Affairs Department (as well as other departments) while holding self and team members to a level of excellence.
- Manage contractual and guild credit obligations.
- Manage administrative tasks for the BLA department including scheduling, filing, completing and tracking expense reimbursements, travel, ordering office supplies, etc.
- Additional duties as required.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; comfortable with Adobe and database technology such as SharePoint and Scenechronize.
- Strong internet and legal research skills.
- Tech-savvy with a familiarity of current and new technology applications.
- In-depth contract analysis (review requested data and provide information/analysis to requestor; determine start and end of contracts/windows as needed).
- Paralegal or Contract Administration experience preferred.
- Client management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to handle highly confidential information discretely.
- Team player.
- Time management/prioritization of deadlines.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfort with change and ambiguity and adept at learning new procedures and technology.
- Professional demeanor.
- Attention to detail.
- Strategic thinking.
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of and experience in television production/acquisitions/development/distribution and terminology.
- Knowledge of screen credits process.
- Ideally three (3) years of experience working at a law firm, network or studio.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Paralegal certification or equivalent experience preferred.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.