Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Our Toronto Studio is looking for Storyboard Revisions Supervisor to assist with internal and client notes on episodic animatics. The Storyboard Supervisor will lead a small team of revisionists and will work closely with the Directors and Assistant Directors to review and revise sequences per Director and client feedback, The Storyboard Revisions Supervisor will actively contribute to group brainstorming sessions and offer creative and resourceful solutions for storyboard-related problems.
You’ll get to:
- Review client notes and flag any questions for the Director/client
- Note required revisions. When necessary, inserting rough sketches into files to further illustrate what changes are necessary
- Actively contribute to group brainstorming sessions, and offer creative and resourceful solutions for storyboard-related problems
- Be aware of production deadlines and liaise with Production and Editorial to share progress updates and stay on-schedule
- Mentor members of the team to develop skills in timing, humor, and acting
- Assign revision work to the team, ensuring changes are production-friendly
- Generate new panels as needed and revise sequences as per Director feedback
This will be your JAM if you have:
What’s in it for you?
- 3-5 years of relevant storyboarding experience within the animation industry
- Completed post-secondary education in classical or 3D animation, art fundamentals, or other relevant area of study
- Strong drawing skills with the ability to produce visually appealing artwork
- Experience with digital storyboard programs an asset (i.e. StoryBoard Pro, SketchBook Pro, Photoshop, etc…)
- Good understanding of the possibilities and limitations of CG animation
- Ability to adapt working style to varying budget and schedule parameters
- High level of creativity, with the ability to perform to standard under tight deadlines
- Ability to handle feedback and constructive criticism well
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- High degree of focus, with the ability to concentrate on one concept for long periods of time
- Working knowledge of cinematography, composition, film structure, and screen direction
- Ability to juggle multiple episodes simultaneously and shift priorities as required by the schedule
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Flexible work hours
- Focus on work/life balance
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from all interested individuals across all gender and sexual identities, indigenous identity, ethno-racial identity, place of origin, age and ability.