Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Our studios are looking for talented CG Modelers
to create amazing assets for one of our top-of-the-line 3D Productions!
You'll Get To:
This will be your JAM if you have:
- Utilize Maya to build and execute complex CG models that meet all technical and creative requirements and are compatible within the production pipeline
- Create production-ready character, prop and environment assets
- Maintain a convention of naming structures for all models and ensure that Maya files are clean and optimized
- Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot any model performance issues with assistance from your Supervisors and team
- Provide support to other team members by providing artistic direction and assisting with technical difficulties
- Keep up to speed with current industry trends
What’s in it for you?
- 3-4 years CG modeling experience in a Maya and/or Zbrush production environment, with proven modeling abilities
- Strong background in traditional art with a solid understanding of form, proportion, scale, anatomy and perspective
- General understanding of animation styles and techniques as well as a good comprehension of animation production for features and/or television
- Good comprehension of the animation production pipeline as a whole with an understanding of adjacent department workflows as well as how modeling interacts with the overall production process
- Creative and technical problem solving skills with the ability to check and revise own work
- Ability to learn quickly and comprehend custom in-house production tools
- Good communication skills with the ability to work productively and willingness to take initiative in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet tight deadlines, and perform to standard in a fast-paced environment
- Completed post-secondary education in 3D animation or other relevant area of study is preferred
- Scripting, programming and/or rigging skills an asset
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Flexible work hours
- Focus on work/life balance
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.