Boat Rocker Media is an independent, integrated global entertainment company that creates, produces, and distributes premium scripted, unscripted, live action and animated kids and family content for all platforms.
Our animation studio in Halifax – Jam Filled, is currently seeking an Office Manager to be not only the face of the company, but the face who can wear many different hats! Reporting to the VP of Infrastructure Operations, this person will be accommodating to staff, and welcoming to visitors. This is an ideal role for an excellent multitasker, good listener, and someone motivated to help where they can.
Please note this is an in-office
You’ll get to:
This will be your JAM if you:
- Maintain cleanliness in the office/kitchens
- Manage and personally pick up weekly supplies for the kitchens and office (snacks, paper towels, office supplies, etc.)
- Be available to handle after-hours pick ups and deliveries when needed
- Brainstorm & help organize events, lunches/drinks (catering) for the Halifax studio
- Be highly organized and self-sufficient with the ability to manage their daily schedule independently
- Assist with moving desks/shelving around if needed
- Manage drop offs/pick ups for WFH related transitions
- Maintain the positive relationship we have with our building operators and property manager
What’s in it for you?
- Are passionate for supporting staff members and acting as a team player and confidant
- Are organized and have great attention to detail
- Are skilled at booking meetings and maintaining multiple calendars
- Are skilled at performing multiple tasks in an environment with dynamic priorities
- Have demonstrated experience in providing administrative support
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and proven problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form (any languages other than English are an asset)
- Are competent with MS Office suite of applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.) and general comfort with learning new software
- Have access to a vehicle and valid driver's license
- Bonus for having a Costco membership already!
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Focus on work/life balance
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.