Boat Rocker Media is an independent, integrated global entertainment company that creates, produces, and distributes premium scripted, unscripted, live action and animated kids and family content for all platforms.
Our animation studio – Jam Filled, is currently seeking a PRODUCER for our Toronto studio.
You’ll get to
- Shepherd the production from beginning to end, keeping it on schedule, and on budget.
- Manage the monthly budget projections with the Supervising Producer to determine all future costs according to the project needs while working within the budget parameters.
- Ensure delivery deadlines are met, and any potential for delay is flagged
- Work with the Supervising Producer/VP of Production and help devise the production plan, carry out, and manage the specifics of that plan. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Input on staffing.
- Help generate general assumptions for the project (# of builds, layouts, BG’s, frames of animation, deliverables, etc.)
- Manage creative vision: fully understand what the clients are pushing for and ensure this is being carried out (in conjunction with the director and art director)
- Complete and attain approval on key pre-production and production artwork internally and externally (in-house staff & client approvals)
This will be your JAM if you:
- Balance creative demands within the confines of schedule and/or budget in collaboration with Supervising Producer/VP of Production.
- Troubleshoot and devise alternate plans when challenges arise
- Establish and maintain relationships with all relevant production partners: client, sub-contractors (music composers, recording studios, casting directors, distribution, publicity, etc.)
- Ensure all key, in-house reviews are taking place (rough cuts, etc.) and be present for them – be able to speak on key creative matters at a moment’s notice
- Conduct and manage ongoing evaluation of production output and department quotas.
- Supervise staff and monitor the day-to-day progress of production
- Ensure weekly production meetings are had, and objectives and creative direction is relayed to the team
What’s in it for you?
- 5+ years producing experience on a CG series
- Completed post-secondary education in production or other relevant area of study
- Experience with production management software system • Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team of people of all levels and backgrounds
- Able to communicate with clients in a positive and realistic way, even when having to relay bad news
- Act as a big picture thinker and consider how each decision will reflect on the production, the team, and the company as a whole
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Outstanding vacation package
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Healthy focus on work/life balance
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.