Boat Rocker Media is an independent, integrated global entertainment company that creates, produces, and distributes premium scripted, unscripted, live action and animated kids and family content for all platforms.
Our animation studio – Jam Filled, is currently seeking a Systems Support person for our Halifax studio. This role is responsible for the day-to-day resolution of issues and requests (tickets) as well as the monitoring and maintenance of all workstations and peripherals within the Jam Filled network as pertains to hardware, operating systems, and application software.
You’ll Get to:
- Resolve computer-related issues for employees as assigned by the Help Desk
- Assist in ensuring that the inventory system is up to date
- Assist in ensuring that all software licenses are properly assigned
- Assist in organization and cleaning of all Systems and Systems storage areas
- Work with the Facilities department to assist in employee and/or equipment installations, moves and reconfigurations
- Responsible for keeping inventory up to date; ensuring all software licenses are properly recorded, as well as keeping the systems area, the systems cage, and software cabinet organized and clean.
- Create documentation of all methods and procedures
- Perform monitor calibrations as required
- Perform additional duties as required
This will be your JAM if you have:
- 3+ years’ experience in a Systems Support role
- Previous experience working with an animation/VFX studio or in a comparable field
- Completed post-secondary education in computer-related area of study
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- High level of customer service orientation
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting of basic network issues
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting of OSX, Windows, and Linux OS
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting of basic office applications
What’s in it for you?
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Focus on work/life balance
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.