Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Our Ottawa and Toronto Studios are looking for intermediate - senior level 3D Animators
to animate shots in accordance with the Director's overall vision for our incredible CG series. The animator checks in regularly with supervising animators regarding individual progress and with the animation producer regarding tasks and available work. This role must anticipate, communicate and troubleshoot any technical issues.
You’ll get to:
This will be your JAM if you have:
- Complete assigned shots in accordance with Director's overall vision
- Gather suitable reference material from various sources
- Animate characters and props using Maya and be assigned a weekly quota
- Attend all meetings to understand the Director and Animation Director's needs, and note required revisions
- Revise shots as directed
- Ensure that all assigned shots are completed within required timelines
- Check in with supervising animators regarding progress, and check in with animation producer regarding tasks and available work
- Perform additional duties as required
What’s in it for you?
- 2+ years’ experience of CG character animation experience with proven animation skills in long form series or feature.
- Completed post-secondary education in 3D animation or other relevant area of study
- Working knowledge of CG Animation Software (experience with Maya a tremendous asset)
- Previous study of anatomy, perspective and composition, with strong drawing skills an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of animation timing, posing, acting and storytelling techniques
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- High level of creativity, with the ability to perform to standard under tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt working style to budget and schedule parameters
- Ability to handle feedback and constructive criticism well
- Availability to work overtime during production crunch periods
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Flexible work hours
- Focus on work/life balance
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.