Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Our Toronto Studio is looking for Lighters/Compositors for a brand-new project!
You’ll get to:
This will be your JAM if you have:
- Light/Composite assigned quota of production shots based on established key shots as well as creative direction from Lighting Leads, Lighting Supervisor.
- Ensure that production shots are completed according to schedule.
- Ensure resolution of technical issues.
- Troubleshoot and debug shot problems.
- Make certain that all quality standards are achieved, that shot continuity is maintained, and that shots meet rendering criteria.
- Collaborate with members of other departments as necessary to ensure proper completion of shots.
- Ensure efficient organization of individual work/files
- Remain current and up-to-date in lighting techniques through industry research and training
- Perform additional duties as required
What’s in it for you?
- 2+ years of high-end CG animation production experience
- In-depth knowledge of Nuke or Fusion
- Sound working knowledge of Maya
- Completed post-secondary education in fine arts, art fundamentals, or other relevant area of study, with proven artistic and technical lighting abilities
- Arnold experience is an asset
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey creative and technical thoughts and ideas to others
- Strong eye in lighting, shading, contrast and colour theory, and a proven understanding of lighting and compositing processes overall
- A passion for creating detailed and visually appealing lighting designs to help bring the production to life
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Flexible work hours
- Focus on work/life balance
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.