Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Jam Filled is looking for a highly skilled 2D Harmony FX Artist to work on one of our ridiculously SWEET high-profile series!
You’ll get to:
This will be your JAM if you have:
- Create effects for assigned shots using Harmony, ensuring continuity and flow within and between shots and sequences
- Work with Lead FX Artist/FX Supervisor to ensure that all individually assigned FX deliverables are completed fully and in line with production schedule and overall vision of the series
- Attend FX reviews for assigned sequences
- Troubleshoot and debug shot problems and escalate technical issues as required
- Maintain a convention of file naming structures for all shots that is compatible within Jam Filled Production pipeline
- Remain current and up-to-date in FX techniques through industry research and training
- Perform additional duties as required
- 2+ years’ 2D Visual FX experience in a production environment, preferably series work
What’s in it for you?
- Completed post-secondary education classical or 2D animation, art fundamentals, or other relevant area of study
- Background in traditional art is an asset
- Understanding of animation styles and techniques and the animation production pipeline as a whole
- Good creative and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and comprehend custom in-house production tools
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet tight deadlines, and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of any or all of the following a plus:
- Cloth dynamics (NCloth and/or Syflex)
- Compositing principles
- Any scripting language
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Flexible work hours
- Focus on work/life balance
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.