Boat Rocker Media is an independent, integrated global entertainment company that creates, produces, and distributes premium scripted, unscripted, live action and animated kids and family content for all platforms.
Our animation studio – Jam Filled, is currently seeking a Help Desk person. This role is responsible for the day-to-day resolution of issues and requests (tickets) as well as the monitoring and maintenance of all workstations and peripherals within the Jam Filled network as pertains to hardware, operating systems, and application software.
You’ll Get to:
This will be your JAM if you have:
- Attend to support tickets, logging and processing them
- Determine the nature of a problem by talking to the users
- Install systems, hardware, software, printers and provide maintenance and configuration constantly
- Assist in ensuring that the inventory system is up to date
- Assist in organization, labeling and classification of items in storage areas
- Work with the Facilities department to assist in employee and/or equipment installations, moves and reconfigurations
- Create documentation of all methods and procedures
- Perform monitor calibrations as required
- Perform additional duties as required
What’s in it for you?
- 2+ years’ experience in a Systems Support/Help Desk role
- Completed post-secondary education in computer-related area of study
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- High level of customer service orientation
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting of basic network issues
- Experience troubleshooting on OSX, Windows, and Linux OS
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of office applications
- Attention to details and high concentration
- Willing to work at odd hours at times
- Must have patience, a logical mind and must be willing to learn continuously
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Focus on work/life balance
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.