Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Our Toronto studio is looking for talented 3D FX Artists for some awesome brand new projects! The FX Artist uses their keen eye for design and knowledge of real-world physics to create high-quality visual effects, such as smoke, fire, water and dust, to add to the atmosphere of this number one series!!
You’ll get to:
This will be your JAM if you have:
- Create effects for assigned shots, ensuring continuity and flow within and between shots and sequences
- Work with FX Supervisor to ensure that all individually assigned FX deliverables are completed fully and in line with production schedule and overall vision of the series
- Troubleshoot and debug shot problems and escalate technical issues as required
- Maintain a convention of file naming structures for all shots that is compatible within Jam Filled Production pipeline
- Remain current and up-to-date in FX techniques through industry research and training
- Perform additional duties as required
What’s in it for you?
- 2+ years’ CG Visual FX experience in a production environment
- Completed post-secondary education classical or 3D animation, art fundamentals, or other relevant area of study
- Feature film experience an asset
- Experience and proficiency with Houdini
- Good working knowledge of Maya FX tools, or other FX plug-ins ie. Real Flow
- Experience with Maya particles/dynamics and particle expressions
- Background in traditional art an asset
- Basic understanding of animation styles and techniques and the animation production pipeline as a whole
- Good creative and technical problem solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and comprehend custom in-house production tools
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet tight deadlines, and perform to standard in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of any or all of the following a plus:
- Cloth dynamics (NCloth and/or Syflex)
- Compositing principles
- Any scripting language
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Flexible work hours
- Focus on work/life balance
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.